Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, describes unhealthy gum. Gingivitis is the initial stage of this condition, accompanying almost no discomfort. The gum can, however, turn red or swell when you brush. There are many ways for gum disease prevention and most of them are easy to follow.
We at Royce Family Dentistry provide different types of dental treatments including gum disease treatments to help restore your gum’s health. Here you can find useful tips on how to prevent this condition.
1. Maintain Excellent Oral Hygiene
You should not only brush your teeth twice a day, it is also important to floss regularly for gum disease prevention. It is also important that you brush and floss properly to prevent bacterial buildup between the teeth and on the gum line.
2. Rinse with Antimicrobial Mouthwash
You should also rinse everyday using an antimicrobial mouthwash. Ordinary mouthwash cannot help because it doesn’t kill bacteria within the plaque. You may also choose hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth because it has strong antibacterial properties.
3. Visit Your Dentist Regularly
A twice-a-year visit to the dentist is a must-have to ensure long-term dental health. Your dentist can clean your teeth to help prevent teeth or gum problems. They will also detect any early signs of dental problems and recommend treatment options. This is an important step in gum disease prevention.
4. Get Adequate Amounts of Vitamins
Ensuring healthy levels of vitamins can also work as an effective gum disease prevention strategy. Make sure you get the right amounts of vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K from food sources. All these different vitamins work in different ways:
- Vitamin A: It helps in healing swollen gum diseases. It also maintains soft tissue and mucous membrane in the gum.
- Vitamin B: If you have deficiency of this vitamin, it can lead to receding gums and increased sensitivity.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin promotes the growth of gum tissue and teeth. It is also required for maintaining gums’ elasticity. It is also beneficial in healing swollen and bleeding gums.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin has anti-inflammatory properties and has important benefits in gum disease prevention.
Vitamin E helps in preventing swelling and is an antioxidant. Vitamin K is effective in fighting bacteria. So make sure to include all these vitamins in your diet to prevent periodontal disease.
If you have tooth sensitivity or discomfort in your gums, you can discuss your concerns with us at <company name>. Give us a call or send us an email. Our certified and experienced dentists will answer your query and can help you with gum disease prevention. We provide total dental solutions in our fully equipped and comfortable dental office.
5. Quick Procedure
It takes not more than two sessions to have the bridges placed. Removable dentures can take many more appointments. Implants can take several months before the implants can fuse with the bone.
Thus, it is easy to see why dental bridges are so highly recommended. Fixed bridges are durable and last for a long time. At Royce Family Dentistry, we have fully equipped facilities and experienced dentists to complete all kinds of dental procedures. Feel free to contact us today to discuss your dental problems or concerns.